[Notice as of 02 August 2020. Skip this section for the contact form.]
Besides doing creative work, I also teach private music lessons for the following:
- Classical piano (beginner, intermediate): 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or an hour per lesson.
- Pop keyboard (beginner, intermediate, advanced): 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or an hour per lesson.
- Composition (classical, contemporary): Minimum of one hour per lesson. Working knowledge of Western music notation and theory is preferred but not required.
- Songwriting (pop, rock): Minimum of one hour per lesson. Proficiency or a working background in a Western musical instrument (voice, piano, guitar, etc.) is preferred.
- Musical arranging: Minimum of one hour per lesson. Proficiency in Western music theory is highly recommended.
- Music Theory: Minimum of one hour per lesson.
- Ear Training: 30 minutes per lesson.
Trained in Western classical piano, I have 8 years of teaching experience that also includes a Yamaha teacher certification (for the Junior Music Course 1 and the Young Musicians Course 1). As a former keyboardist in church bands for more than 19 years, I offer lessons in pop keyboard playing and improvisation.
Besides my compositional practice, songwriting expertise comes from working on my singer-songwriter project named Grumpy Kitty Boy.
Due to the current pandemic crisis, private music lessons are currently taught online (Skype, Zoom, or Google Meet). Studio lessons are currently on hold until further notice. Minimum requirements for all lessons will be a phone/laptop camera (especially propped for keyboard and hand visibility in piano lessons), and a stable internet connection. A musical instrument (acoustic/digital piano, keyboard) will be required for instrument lessons, and will be highly recommended for composition, songwriting, musical arranging, or music theory.
Contact me for rates (in CA$) and schedule availability.
For inquiries about my creative work or private music lessons, feel free to send a message using the form below.